Thursday, June 26, 2008

New Utility

An air of new austerity fills the social landscape. Raising interest rates, high rent, expensive fuel hark back to an era of style when functionality became became more than desire but indeed integral. Clever design solutions like this pair of asymmetrical braces not only add a uniqueness but social address questions of consumption and utility from within the industry. This look is all about minimalism minus the sterility utilising well integrated and complimenting pieces.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The braces are fantastic!

Where can I get them?!

about me said...

Yes Ken, yes they are. I'd love to know where to get them from myself. They were spotted in a street style segment. I'd suggest either wearing a similar pair of braces back to front or possibly looking for a leathersmith or boot-maker that could manufacture this design for you. At the end of the day the design isn't complex and a craftsman worth his salt could knock you out a pair.

Anonymous said...

Yeah the braces are cool, actually I believe they are back to front braces..

Subfusco will get them in store soon..